Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) to the ‘100 Farmers.100 Stories’ contest. By participating in the contest, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Rules:
#Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
#To enter the contest, the participant should be a resident of India and must be 13 years old or more at the time of entry
#Employees of TAFE and their immediate family members cannot participate in this contest.
#The contest is open for individuals and creative agencies only.
#Under the individual category, each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries.
#Under the creative agencies category, each branch or location can have up to 3 teams and submit a maximum of 3 entries.
#All participants must submit a ‘verification photo’ of them standing next to the farmer along with the details of the farmer.
#All entries must be submitted through Google drive. The participant should create a unique folder for each entry on Google drive. The photograph / video should be uploaded in the folder along with the verification photo. The story can be uploaded as a PDF document on the same folder.
#Photos submitted must be at least 1920 pixels on the shorter side. Images should be no larger than 25MB. Photos must be in JPEG format.
#Videos submitted must be at least 720p in resolution. The duration of the video cannot exceed 2mins of running time. Videos should be no larger than 200MB. They must be in Mp4 or MOV format only.
#A maximum of 3 entries per participant is allowed. However, you will be able to upload only one image at a time on the upload page.
#You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted
#Every photo/video should have a ‘story’ that is not lesser than 200 words and not more than 500 words.
#The story must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Misrepresenting the facts or disguising in any form will lead to disqualification.
#All submitted photos and videos must contain the original metadata information. However, there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references on the image.
#Duplication of entries if not permissible. In case of two participants submitting the same entry, the first one will be considered as valid.
#Sharing the submitted entries on social media platforms during the contest period is not allowed.
#Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) or video(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s) or videos (s).
#Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
#Photos and videos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
1. TAFE will appoint a judge / judges for each contest. This will comprise of members of the editorial team and / or external judges.
2. The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning stories. The results and the winners will be announced on the website and in Farmdost’s social media platforms.
3. The decision of TAFE’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
4. TAFE reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF/metadata for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
WINNERS AND PRIZES
1. The results and the winners will be announced on the website and in Farmdost’s social media platforms.
2. The prize or part of a prize is not transferable to another individual or entity.
3. The winners can collect their prizes during the award ceremony that will be held after announcement of the results. TAFE reserves the right to postpone, cancel or change the venue of this event and the participants will be notified on the same.
4. Winners from outside India may mention an Indian address to ship the prizes. Alternately, they will have to bear the shipping expense to their respective countries.
5. Any state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to you under the contest will be solely paid by you.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. Submitted entries must be original, created and/or taken by the participant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
2. Farmdost and TAFE respect participants’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator. Upon making the submission, you grant TAFE, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the participant or for editorial or educative use.
3. The participant will be credited wherever the image is used.
1. You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge TAFE and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against TAFE or Farmdost in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of TAFE, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise.
2. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless TAFE from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that you or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
3. Under no circumstance will Farmdost or TAFE be liable for any:
# Lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
# Error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s)/ Video(s);
# Problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
# Incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos/videos and/or the Submissions; and/or
# Injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
4. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Famdost and TAFE, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, TAFE reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos/Videos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. TAFE reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
The Contest, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Chennai.